Polar Scaffolding can provide access solutions for almost any project using the latest equipment to safely scaffold a huge range of projects.
With a reputation for supplying specialist commercial scaffolding throughout Birmingham, Worcester and the West Midlands, Polar Scaffolding can design and erect safe, dynamic and practical structures for almost any purpose, with as little disruption to commercial functionality as possible.
We can also supply heavy duty temporary roadways, temporary fencing capable of enclosing any site and temporary roofing to protect your ongoing project.
As a quality scaffolding hire contractor, Polar Scaffolding are able to offer our domestic customers a reliable, friendly and efficient service. Whether discussing your needs directly with us or recommending us to assist your property developers, we will provide a smooth services at a competitive price.
D3 Management Competition Logistics - Land Rover G4 Challenge
Polar Scaffolding were requested to build a 12m high, free standing climbing and abseiling tower, part of which was to be cantilevered out over a lake on the Land Rover Experience driving circuit as part of the Land Rover G4 Challenge at the Land Rover plant in Solihull. An initial site inspection was carried out, and after a consultation with our designers, a final design was agreed upon. Taking into account wind loadings and site location, the design had to incorporate an additional 10 ton in kentledge plus the 14.5 ton self weight of the tower.
"We found Polar Scaffolding through the internet and contacted them as they had experience of working to tight deadlines within the events industry. The climbing and abseiling tower was the main talking point of the Land Rover G4 Challenge."
John Limb, D3 Project Manager
Health & Safety
Here at Polar Scaffolding, the safety of our staff and customers is paramount.
All of our employees have a duty and responsibility to work in a safe manner. Polar Scaffolding reinforce this requirement with the use of written risk assessment, toolbox talks and the practice of our Health and Safety policy. Training is given to improve awareness of risks and safety, and Polar Scaffolding Management carry out task observations periodically.
Below are links to useful Health and Safety information resources:
HSE - Health and Safety Executive is a useful information source.
'Falls from height' is one of the HSE's priority programmes. These guidance notes (SG4:10) states that to protect scaffolders from falls, safety harnesses should be worn at all times when at height, and adequate training in their use should be provided.
Health & Safety Leaflet - Essential health & safety information for people who work at height.
Polar Scaffolding's insurance certificates are available for our customers to view. Please call for information.
Our employees are all CRB checked on a regular, yearly basis
Points to Consider
- Is the surrounding ground firm and level?
- Are there any cellars or roofs needing support?
- Is the scaffolding required for bricklaying only or for other trades too? If so will adaptations be required?
- Which parts of the scaffolding will need boarding?
- Will scaffolding need sheeting (eg. debris net or mona flex)?
- Will you need to incorporate public protection (eg. tunnels)?
- Will access for site vehicles (eg. forklifts) be required through scaffolding (eg. bridging sections)?
- Are existing roofs capable of carrying imposed loads? If not, will back propping be required?
- Will lighting and/or signage be required?
- Will rubbish chutes be required?
- How wide is the pavement and will you need a licence?
- Will design drawings be required and calculations needed?